- index cards (these with a hole punched in them for a binder ring are nice)
- index card box
- highlighters (bible highlighters don’t bleed)
- sticky notes
- rubber bands and/or binder rings
The SECRETS to Using Notecards to Study
1. STOP Writing your Notes on Notecards
2. Keep It Simply Silly (KISS)
3. Constantly Edit and Organize
4. Use the CARDS
A Study Session
- Keep sessions short with breaks between. Ideally 20 minutes with a 2-5 minute break between.
- Take a stack of cards (usually a single category)
- Go over some of the cards you know for 3-5 minutes.
- Go over the cards you don’t know for about 10 minutes.
- Quiz yourself with deeper questions for 5 minutes over the cards you know and the ones you have reviewed.
- Go over cards you don’t know for 10-15 minutes.
- Quiz yourself with deeper questions for 5 minutes over the cards you know and the ones you have reviewed.If that doesn’t get you through all the cards in that topic you don’t know and you are starting back immediately following a 2-5 minutes break, you would start over with the second step.
Looking for more ways to make your study sessions more efficient and effective. Grab this quick overview of 6 strategies that you should be using to optimize your study time.