Have you heard of Spartanburg Methodist College?
Spartanburg is located within an hour’s drive of Charlotte, North Carolina, and is within a three-hour drive of Atlanta, Georgia; and Charleston, South Carolina.
If your student is considering college, here’s why SMC could be the right place to start:
- Small, supportive campus environment. Homeschool students thrive in small classes and enjoy personal attention from professors who are invested in helping them succeed. SMC prides itself on low student-teacher ratios.
- Professors serve as student academic advisors. Your child will work directly with a professor to plan their courses and ensure they are on track to meet their goals. They won’t be left on their own to sink or swim. The first two years of college courses will allow your student to explore their interests and then identify the right college to finish their degree.
- Transfer assistance to colleges and universities. 1/3 of all college students transfer to another institution before graduating. Most colleges don’t help their students leave to attend another school. SMC is different. The faculty and staff are focused on assisting your student with transferring to the right college to complete their degree.
- Earn a degree in two years. We know that homeschool students are typically better prepared for college than their peers. SMC students who stay for two years and meet the requirements will earn an associate degree. If a financial, emotional or family crisis puts your child’s education on hold, they will still have a college degree to fall back on. A recent employment study showed that workers with associate degrees earned as much as $500,000 more over the course of their career than workers with only a high school diploma.
- A Christian-centered education. SMC is affiliated with the United Methodist Church, but we welcome students from all religious and non-religious backgrounds. Chapel services are held weekly (but are not required) and there are a variety of religious activities, clubs, and organizations that will help your student stay close to or grow in their faith while at SMC.
Here are three ways to take a closer look at Spartanburg Methodist College:
Check out this Interview with students at SMC